Accord Premature Brake Wear
The Accord is one of the most popular sedans on the road based on its reputation for dependability over the years. However owners of 2008 2009 Accords (and a small number of 2010 models) are up in arms over premature brake wear that is wide…
Odyssey and Element Soft Brakes
Soft brakes are a sign of too much air buildup.Owners with this issue were likely told by mechanics that there was air in the brake system and would have recommended bleeding the brakes, until the system started to slowly let in air again.
Where Brakes Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2008 Accord premature brake wear 1094 (100%)
- 2009 Accord premature brake wear 266 (24%)
- 2009 Accord brakes squeak like crazy 126 (12%)
- 2010 Accord premature brake wear 104 (10%)
- 2008 Accord squeaky brakes 77 (7%)
- 2009 Civic premature brake system wear 64 (6%)
- 2003 Accord brakes pulsate and wear out prematurely 47 (4%)
The 2016 Civic has an electronic parking brake. Oh wait, let me fix that – the 2016 Civic has an electronic parking brake that doesn't always work.
There, that's better. Or worse (depending on how you look at it). Honda has issued a recall says they aren't aware of any Civics rolling away due to the issue.
"The automaker says the software can keep the parking brake from working when it is applied immediately after turning off the ignition. However, Honda says the parking will continue to work if it's applied before turning off the ignition."